Our four geese seem to like to splash in this little plate, but their “baths” in the bigger plastic tub have seemed to stress them out. Someone who has geese kept telling me how her geese enjoyed swimming in her bathtub, diving under the water and splashing about. So, I decided to try it. Here’s what I learned:
- Gooses poop a LOT.
- Their poop is mostly grass, as was evidenced when it hit the water.
- They probably don’t like swimming in water that is so poopy, because they were a little stressed by this process. Thankfully, they didn’t poop on their journey from the bathroom, through the kitchen, and back to the back porch in the brooder.
- Even after bathing in poopy water, the geese looked much cleaner and happier.
- It takes a long time to clean that much grass out of the tub.
- I will not be bathing the geese in the house again.